Tuesday, June 5, 2012

There's Room in My Fridge...

I went over to Dave's for Memorial Day recently and took along some beer for his cookout.  I was in a bit of a hurry, and me being me, I decided to get something good, and something humorous.  So the beverages of choice?  Highland Little Hump and Schlitz.

Now, some of you reading this (and to be honest, many people at the bbq) will be turning up your noses and wondering what the hell I was doing buying Schlitz.  Short answer: I like it.

Yep, I admit it.  I like what is generally considered a lower quality macrobeer.  Fact is, while I have a decided preference for the better microbrews produced around the world, I still have a place in my fridge for the big boys.  

It's not the best thing in the world, but it's cheap and it serves its purpose.  Do I come home and have that first?  Nope.  But after I've had a hi-grav or two and I want another beer but have things to do the next day?  Well yes, then I will have that Schlitz.

As for bringing it to the bbq...  After trading micros around with the other folks, and drinking more than I should...  That Schlitz made for a decent nightcap.  After a lot of good beer and bbq, my palate was shot anyways.  Why waste another good beer?

At the end of the day, there's always room in my fridge for more beer...

1 comment:

  1. You said it well. The one beer to have when you're having more than one. :)

    ReplyDelete